"Since nowadays, speed and performance are kings when it comes to SEO and user engagement (search for “page load time impact” on google, just don’t try to read everything because you will be overwhelmed), I decided to take a look on how to speed up my blog. Turns out that, with the right set of plugins and tools, it actually pretty easy to achieve a decent amount of performance improvement. In my case around 300% faster."
- quoted from joaoperibeiro.com
The website in this article went from 7 seconds load page time to less than 2 seconds and a 86 Points on YSlow (Grade B) to 95 Points on YSlow (Grade A) on “Small Site or Blog”.
All of this improvement in your WordPress by following this 8 actionable steps:
2. Lazy Load Images with Lazy Load plugin
4. Analyze Your WordPress Plugins P3 Profiler
5. Optimize the Database with WP-Optimize
6. Cache Content using WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache and Far Future Expiry Header
7. Use Cloudflare
8. Use Nginx with PHP 7 and OPCache
Check out the full original article, with detailed information about each step, here.